We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 09/05/2018.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Hannah Winskill-Wombwell of Winskill Photography; 52 Fair View Road, Dronfield, S18 2HG
Who we are
Winskill Photography is a sole trading company run by Hannah Winskill-Wombwell of Winskill Photography; 52 Fair View Road, Dronfield, S18 2HG
What we Collect
The information that we hold may be supplied by you directly via telephone, face to face meeting, email and/or via an enquiry on our website or through one of our social media accounts. We class this as being ‘personally identifiable information’, which means it can be used to identify you personally.
When visiting our site, we may collect the following areas of information from you:
* Name and address; event details and dates; contact information including email address & phone number(s). We acknowledge that some of this data may be sensitive personal data and we will store this sensitive data in an appropriately secure manner; and
* When you visit our site, we will also collect information about your computer, including your browser type, device type, IP address, operating system and information about your visit. This information is gathered for the purposes of site optimisation, and may be used in combination with other information you provide to us, set out above;
What we will do with the information that we collect
We require this information to understand and fulfil your needs, to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
For the purposes of hiring a product/service you have explicitly consented to.
This will include:
Managing & completing any bookings that you have enquired about or paid deposits for or any other product/service you have explicitly requested of us or information off of us,
* To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website
* Internal record keeping and taxation;
* We may use the information to improve our products and services;
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by any medium for which you have provided us details. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests; and
* As part of our efforts to keep our website and your data safe and secure.
We May Share your information with:
* Any of our direct subcontractors who may be covering an event for us that you have entered into a contract with us for
* HMRC and governmental bodies as requested and only within the limits of this policy
* Any third party contractors
* Any person or legal entity to whom we sell, transfer or initiate discussions with to sell or transfer our business or any part of it or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If a transfer proceeds, you agree that the purchaser can use your data in the same way as us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and your data will be treat with strict care and security.
Our systems meet or exceed industry standards, and we will regularly monitor and review these systems and make improvements where necessary.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will never allow anyone to access your data unless they have a justifiable reason to do so.
Storing and Sharing of Photographs
We will store your event photographs whilst the business is in operation.
The photographs may be stored in a password protected cloud system or on a secure hard drive.
We will ask permission at time of booking for use of images in any own brand (Winskill Photography) marketing including social media. No booking will be accepted without signing the terms and conditions around this.
If you wish to remove your photographs or those of any person participating at your event, then please let us know in writing on the details below. We will then endeavour to process this request as soon as possible but within 28 days.
A cookie is a small file (not a biscuit!) which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at and we will aim to remove your data from our records within 28 working days.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such a request can be made by emailing us at .
We may charge a ‘reasonable fee’ to comply with requests for further copies of the same information (that fee will be based on the administrative costs of providing the information).
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Third Parties and How they may use your data
We may need to share information with 3rd parties in relation to your booking only, for example to organise venue timings for your event with an event planner. This includes any 3rd parties we work with to facilitate your booking, including sub-contractors that may conduct work on behalf of us.
At certain times we may ask our clients’ consent to provide online testimonials or reviews about the service they have received us. If you consent to provide a personal testimonial then you may be identifiable by the use of your name and area. If you choose to write a review on one of our social media sites, this is done so at your own risk.
Removing or Changing your Information
If you wish to change or remove the information that we hold about you, please contact us via the following routes:
By post: Winskill Photography, 52 Fair View Road, Dronfield, S18 2HG
By telephone: 07759012059
If you wish to have your information removed from our database, either permanently or temporarily, please contact us by any of the above routes. We will discuss this with all clients who request any data to be deleted.
Making a complaint about the way that your data is stored or used: in the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the way in which your details are used or stored by this company, please contact us via any of the above means.
If you simply have a query about any aspect of this policy, or wish to have any part of it clarified, please contact us.